COOE provide an efficient, secure, and cost-effective research and development service without the baggage of publications and teaching commitments of academic institutions. Our team work best when able to establish client relationships that lead to clear and focused research objectives.
We measure our performance by the number of return customers and client referrals.
Environmental staff/professional secondment/recruitment | Mine rehabilitation | mine closure | Site remediation | SEB/sustainable environmental benefits | MARP – Mining and Rehabilitation Program | MOP – Mine operations Plan | Data handling | data entry | data analysis | QAQC – Quality Analysis Quality Check | Statistics
Registered Research Service Provider (RSP No. 95728)
COOE is registered for the following research areas:
- 0402 – Geochemistry
- 0799 – Agricultural and Veterinary Science
- 0502 – Environmental Science and Management
- 0303 – Macromolecular and Materials Chemistry
Our experienced R&D professionals are will work with your to develop clear research objectives, design robust and efficient research programs, scope the work, identify the research team and resources, supervise the work and complete reports that summarise the work and identify the way forward to the commercialisation or implementation of the research findings.
We can prepare all the documentation required for claiming R&D tax concessions.
Wildlife Ethics Animal Research and Teaching Licence No. 278
Our fauna and ecology research specialist operate under our Animal Welfare Research and Teaching Licence to ensure that all fauna surveys, animal research and handling are undertaken in an ethical manner and met all ethics committee requirements.
COOE ecologists will organise all Wildlife Ethics Committee Permits, please note these require three months lead time as the ethics committee only sits every quarter.
COOE professionals are busy turning great ideas into products, new processes, or methods. Here are some examples of products and process we have commercialised:
- ChangeClimate was established in 2017 to commercialise a remarkable breakthrough in converting waste product from making biodiesel into an ‘bio’ epoxy resin. And what a resin it is! Not only is it using waste generated from making biodiesel it has no carcinogenic phenols, the main component of traditional epoxy resin. (link to changeclimate.com.au)
- GeoOceans established as a marine mapping and monitoring system in late 2010 using towed underwater video. Now servicing a wider customer base as a subsidiary of the Global Energy Group.
- Balance Carbon was developed from our research in carbon offset calculations. This company was established in 2007 offering carbon, energy and sustainability management services. Now a well established Adelaide based company that has diversified into other areas and changed name to Trellis to reflect these changes.
New Products Awaiting Commercialisation
COOE has a green hydraulic oil formulation that can be made from most vegetable oils and tested with canola, mustard seed, soybean oils. This product has great potential in the mining and agricultural industry, as hydraulic spills will not contaminate the soil. If interested in partnering with us in developing this product, please contact us.
We have several projects on the research list under the supervision of some great scientists. See an overview of our team here.
The COOE polymer research team in collaboration with University of South Australia developed a bio-epoxy resin made from renewable resources. Glycerol is removed from fatty acids in the process of making biodiesel, this waste product is used to make the bio-epoxy resin, making this a truly “green” resin. The product is currently being commercialised by our R&D client Change Climate and sold as CCBE1 and CCBE5.
Beautiful chemistry! CCBE has no nasty smells, so there is no need to evacuate the building while applying the resin, and amazingly the bio-epoxy sets very hard and clear. The photograph shows an exposed aggregate concrete floor sealed with the bio-epoxy and reflecting the outside lights. The owner of the house is a reputable building designer who bought the very first commercial batch in 2016.
Some potential applications for Bio-epoxy Resins:
- Building Industry: As a sealant or floor cover, feature finishes either in the coloured or clear form, building materials and adhesives.
- Manufacturing Industry: In fibreglass products such as marine craft, rainwater tanks; in plastics for car light or traffic light lenses; electrical circuit boards.
- Art Supplies: As a resin to imitate glass, can be used for moldings, inclusions & laminates.
- DIY: A broad range of products from adhesives to water repelling sealants, feature finishes, and numerous hobbies.
Bio-Epoxy is now made and sold by Change Climate.