COOE provide an efficient, secure, and cost-effective research and development service without the baggage of publications and teaching commitments of academic institutions. Our team work best when able to establish client relationships that lead to clear and focused research objectives.
We measure our performance by the number of return customers and client referrals.
Environmental staff/professional secondment/recruitment | Mine rehabilitation | mine closure | Site remediation | SEB/sustainable environmental benefits | MARP – Mining and Rehabilitation Program | MOP – Mine operations Plan | Data handling | data entry | data analysis | QAQC – Quality Analysis Quality Check | Statistics
Research & Development Licensing
Registered Research Service Provider (RSP No. 95728)
COOE is registered for the following research areas:
- 0402 – Geochemistry
- 0799 – Agricultural and Veterinary Science
- 0502 – Environmental Science and Management
- 0303 – Macromolecular and Materials Chemistry
Our experienced R&D professionals are will work with your to develop clear research objectives, design robust and efficient research programs, scope the work, identify the research team and resources, supervise the work and complete reports that summarise the work and identify the way forward to the commercialisation or implementation of the research findings.
We can prepare all the documentation required for claiming R&D tax concessions.
Wildlife Ethics Animal Research and Teaching Licence No. 278
Our fauna and ecology research specialist operate under our Animal Welfare Research and Teaching Licence to ensure that all fauna surveys, animal research and handling are undertaken in an ethical manner and meet all ethics committee requirements.
COOE ecologists will organise all Wildlife Ethics Committee Permits, please note these require three months lead time as the ethics committee only sits every quarter.
COOE professionals are busy turning great ideas into products, new processes, or methods. Here are some examples of products and process we have commercialised:
- ChangeClimate was established in 2017 to commercialise a remarkable breakthrough in converting waste product from making biodiesel into an ‘bio’ epoxy resin. And what a resin it is! Not only is it using waste generated from making biodiesel it has no carcinogenic phenols, the main component of traditional epoxy resin. (link to changeclimate.com.au)
- GeoOceans established as a marine mapping and monitoring system in late 2010 using towed underwater video. Now servicing a wider customer base as a subsidiary of the Global Energy Group.
- Balance Carbon was developed from our research in carbon offset calculations. This company was established in 2007 offering carbon, energy and sustainability management services. Now a well established Adelaide based company that has diversified into other areas and changed name to Trellis to reflect these changes.
New Products Awaiting Commercialisation
COOE has a green hydraulic oil formulation that can be made from most vegetable oils and tested with canola, mustard seed, soybean oils. This product has great potential in the mining and agricultural industry, as hydraulic spills will not contaminate the soil. If interested in partnering with us in developing this product, please contact us.
We have several projects on the research list under the supervision of some great scientists. See an overview of our team here.