Angas Zinc Mine, South Australia, Australia
Client – Terramin Australia Ltd.
Services – Flora and Fauna, Planning and Compliance, Pest and Weed Management, Community Consultation, Professional Hire & Secondments
Assignment – The Angas Zinc Mine is located 2 km from Strathalbyn, South Australia. The mine is fully owned and operated by Terramin Australia. Production at the site commenced in 2008; and ends in zinc concentrate being trucked to Port Adelaide for shipment to Asia and lead-copper-gold-silver concentrate trucked to the Nyrstar owned Port Pirie lead smelter for further processing.
Our Role – COOE has provided environmental services to Terramin’s Angas Zinc Mine since 2005 in the companies approvals phase. COOE’s services include:
- design of rehabilitation program
- rehabilitation work consists of seed collection, tube stock planting, general environmental work includes pest and weed control
- preparation of native vegetation management reports
- rehabilitation trials to asses appropriate soils for future rehabilitation
- harvest of rehabilitation seed and detailed yield weighing and logging to provide ongoing reports/recommendations
- implementation of rehabilitation trials
- weed surveys and mapping
- Significant Environmental Benefit (SEB) surveys.
In addition, COOE have undertaken the following:
- prepared Terramin’s Mining and Rehabilitation Plan (MARP), the first to be passed in South Australia
- undertaken community consultation
- maintaining on-going roles in the Terramin Adelaide office and Angas Zinc Mine to supply services
- NPI reporting
- data interpretation and reporting.